Yes, you may need to pay taxes on this income. Given each teaching artist’s varying circumstances, we cannot advise on individual tax matters. We recommend that you consult with a personal financial manager or tax accountant for further information. Please note that both payments are below the financial threshold for filing a 1099, therefore teaching artists will not receive tax documentation from the Creative Learning Network.